Grilled Pineapple Salmon with Spicy Avocado Drizzle
A healthy and flavorful recipe for a great dinner!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, plus some sprigs, for garnish
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 qty Four ounce salmon fillet approx. 1 inch thick
- 4 qty 1/2 inch pineapple round slices
Spicy Avocado Drizzle
- .25 cup fresh lemon juice approx. 1-2 lemons
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- .25 tsp salt
- .25 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 qty crushed and chopped garlic cloves
- 1 qty Ripe avocado
- .5 tsp Ground chipotle
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat,
- Blend in a bowl the oil, basil, chives, tarragon, salt and pepper and whisk,
- Cover the salmon and pineapple slices in the oil and herb marinade, and let stand for 10 minutes
- Grill the salmon and pineapple:
- Grill the salmon for approx. 3-4 minutes per site depending on preference, and grill pineapple until slightly charred (flavor!),
- Plate salmon on top of pineapple slice, and add the avocado drizzle.
- Garnish with left over herbs, and enjoy!
- Combine the lemon juice, basil, chives, olive oil, tarragon, salt, pepper, garlic, chipotle, and avocado in a pestle and mortar (or food processor) and grind to a paste,
- Add water and process until you reach the consistency you prefer,
- Cover the drizzle and let stand for at least 10 minutes (longer resting build a more flavorful drizzle),
- Drizzle over the salmon, and enjoy!